BLESSED DEVOTEES WHO GOT NICK NAME FROM BABA
Baba had an endearing way of calling his Bhaktas (devotees) by pet names. Some of them are given below.
1) Madhava Rao Deshpande – Bhatacha Shamya
2) Tatya Patil – Kothyacha Ghodmukhya
3) Dr. Pillai – Andhoji Filial
4) Pilaji Gurav – Guravacha
5) Hari Seetharam alias Kakasaheb Dixit – Langada Kaka
6) Dabholkar – Hemad
7) Dadasaheb Kapharde – Bapusaheb Tapusan Dada
8) Sagun Mehru Naik, – Takki (Deceiver)
9) Bapusaheb Buty – Buttya
10) Bapusahefa Dhumal – Bhau
11) Madhu Fasle – Ardha Gandhu
12) Radhakrishna Mai – Avadasa (Moodevi)
13) Balasaheb Dev – Chindi Chor
14) Abdul Baba – Halalkar
While the female devotees He usually called as ‘Mai’ or ‘Ayi’ (mother). ‘Tai’ (sister) or with respect Bai’ or ‘Mousi’ (aunty).
He had a very strict code of conduct with the ladies. They could not enter the Dwarkamai at night or while He was resting. He pulled His Kafni down to His heels whenever a woman was present. Shampooing His feet was allowed only below the knee.
Leela- 29 in Ambrosia in Shirdi – Part-I